- Submit the Common Application.
- One Essay (submitted with the Common Application). You can choose the topic or use one from the Common Application website.
- TOEFL/IELTS: Required if English is not your native language. The Ohio Wesleyan TOEFL code is 1594. You may request that an official report from ETS/IELTS be sent to our office or you may provide your ETS username and password (we suggest that you change your password afterward). Please provide the TRF number for IELTS.
- SAT Scores - You can request Collegeboard to send an official report or provide your username and password. NOT required if you are a transfer student.
- Academic Records: Submitted through the Common Application website. The official records should include each subject you study and the academic grade/mark or other evidence that you completed the course satisfactorily. Your record should contain an explanation of the grading system. They should be submitted in English or in the original language accompanied by a certified literal translation.
- Two letters of recommendation from teachers, coaches, or principals who are familiar with your recent academic performance. Submit via the Common Application website using the Secondary School Report for one letter and the Teacher Evaluation for the second. Alternatively, you may send by email to email@example.com.
- Evidence of Financial Support – We REQUIRE that you submit proof that you have sufficient funds—at least US$19,000—for expenses for at least the first year. Most students, however, would be expected to contribute more than this amount. Supporting documents might include official bank statements, tax returns, or letters from your parents’ employers that show income or assets that would be used toward your educational costs. These documents may be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
“I like the fact that we have so many international students because it opens up opportunities for trading cultural experiences.”
If applicable, please include:
- External Exam Results: Official records such as O-levels, IB, IGCSE, ICSE, SPM, KCSE, and others that are administered by an educational examining boardshould be submitted in English or in the original language accompanied by a certified literal translation and should contain an explanation of the grading system. You can send by the Common Application Website using the International Supplement.
- Statement of activities - A short paragraph describing what you have been doing since leaving school if you are not currently enrolled. Please send by email to email@example.com.
- Copy of Visa - A copy of your United States visa if you are already in the US. Please send by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The International Student Advisor’s Report if you are currently a student at a U.S. college or university. Please send by email to email@example.com.
Recommended BUT NOT REQUIRED
SAT II Subject test scores. OWU’s SAT code is 1594; the ACT code is 3316.
You may request that an official report from the College Board/ACT be sent to our office or you may provide your College Board/ACT username and password (we suggest you change the password afterward).
SAT scores may be sent via the College Board website. Scores can be included on your official school records or can be verified through the College Board website if you provide your username and password.